Spurs invite families to second annual Back to School Bash

The free event is held from 2 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 5

The Spurs' second annual Back to School Bash will be held Saturday, Aug. 5, at the AT&T Center. (Spurs Sports & Entertainment)

SAN ANTONIO – For the second year in a row, Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is inviting students, parents and teachers to its Back to School Bash.

The free event will be held from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 5, at the AT&T Center.

Recommended Videos

K-12 students are encouraged to attend the event to receive free school supplies and resources.

“Access to proper resources for families is pivotal to fostering meaningful learning and teaching spaces,” said Dr. Kara Allen, chief impact officer for SS&E.

The Spurs are partnering with several local organizations, businesses, nonprofits and government agencies to offer a range of resources and services. These include:

• Free school supplies for K-12 grade levels
  • Vaccines
  • Vision checks
  • Dental screenings
  • Haircut by appointment through the registration
  • Information booths for school enrollment, extracurricular activities and mental health support

Last year’s Back to School Bash benefitted 5,000 people in attendance, a press release said.

“We are honored to unite our community and partners in this way and to extend support to local students, caregivers and teachers who we hope will soon embark on the start of the new school year both confident and prepared to grow together,” Allen said.

Parents or guardians must be present with their children, and educators must have their teacher ID upon entering the event.

Items will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and only while supplies last.

Registration is now open.

Also on KSAT.com

About the Author

Mason Hickok is a digital journalist at KSAT. He graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a communication degree and a minor in film studies. He also spent two years working at The Paisano, the independent student newspaper at UTSA. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys the outdoors, reading and watching movies.

Recommended Videos