San Antonio animal shelters partner to host free dog vaccination clinic

Free clinic on June 10 will offer disease protection, vaccines, microchips

The free clinic will be open to all San Antonio residents and their dogs. (Animal Care Services)

SAN ANTONIO – Local dog owners will soon be able to top off vaccines for their furry friends.

Animal Care Services, the San Antonio Humane Society and the Animal Defense League are partnering to offer dog owners a free vaccination clinic.

Recommended Videos

The clinic is from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, June 10, at Camargo Park, located at 5730 West Highway 90.

On top of vaccines for rabies, parvo and other dangerous diseases, the clinic will also provide microchips — an identification form required for all San Antonio pets. Information on spay-neuter and wellness services and the city’s animal laws will be available.

No appointment is necessary. However, the clinic is only available to San Antonio residents. Pet owners should bring a picture ID with their current address and have their pets in a carrier or appropriately leashed and collared.

The clinic has a strict limit of three pets per household.

Read more:

Affordable pet care: This solution is helping lower cost of treatment

Lawmakers passed several bills aimed at helping Texas pets

Pilots take to the skies flying dogs to new homes, saving pets’ lives

About the Author

Mason Hickok is a digital producer trainee at KSAT. He graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a communication degree and a minor in film studies. He also spent two years working at The Paisano, the independent student newspaper at UTSA. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys the outdoors, walking his dogs and listening to podcasts.

Recommended Videos