Medical Examiner identifies woman’s body found near Highway 90 access road

Body of Lucinda Delgado, 44, found in far West Bexar County

BEXAR COUNTY, TexasUPDATE:

The Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office has identified the woman whose body was found near the Highway 90 access road early Wednesday.

In an email from BCSO, the ME identified the woman as Lucinda Delgado, 44.

The cause and manner of Delgado’s death are not known at this time. BCSO’s investigation remains ongoing.

Investigators are still seeking information on the events leading up to Delgado’s death and are asked to contact BCSO by calling 210-335-6000 or emailing BCSOTIPS@bexar.org, tipsters can remain anonymous

ORIGINAL:

A body was found on the side of the road in far West Bexar County, according to the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff Javier Salazar said that a high school student in a passing bus noticed the body on the side of the road around 9 a.m. on Wednesday on the access road of Highway 90 near Highway 211.

According to the sheriff, the student called her mother, who drove to the scene and verified it was a body. The mother then called BCSO.

The unidentified woman is believed to be in her 30s or 40s and may have been there for some time, the sheriff said. He did not indicate, specifically, if she was hit or her body was dumped there.

Salazar said it was possible the woman was a pedestrian as she was wearing athletic clothes and had her hair in high pigtails.

She also had a floral tattoo in black ink on her left arm, the sheriff said.

The woman’s body had visible signs of trauma, but the sheriff said it could be from being outside.

Salazar said anyone with information is urged to call BCSO at 210-335-6000.

About the Authors

Mason Hickok is a digital journalist at KSAT. He graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a communication degree and a minor in film studies. He also spent two years working at The Paisano, the independent student newspaper at UTSA. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys the outdoors, reading and watching movies.

Katrina Webber joined KSAT 12 in December 2009. She reports for Good Morning San Antonio. Katrina was born and raised in Queens, NY, but after living in Gulf Coast states for the past decade, she feels right at home in Texas. It's not unusual to find her singing karaoke or leading a song with her church choir when she's not on-air.

Recommended Videos